LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert if temperature is stabilised

Hi users,

I have tried to find an answer to my problem, but did not find the solution I need. So I ask you there, if you could please help me?
What I have, are about 30 thermocouple input channels which are transferred via an DAQ Assistant into an array. My aim is to give me an alert(Boolean light) when the temperature of a certain channel is stabilised over the last 10 readings or so, and display the channel number.
What I already achieved to do, is to give me an alert for a stabilisation. But I am not able to compare the 10 last readings, but only compare neighbouring values. And I do not know how to extract the channel number and  display it.
If somebody has just an idea or maybe had a similiar proplem and has found a solution, then please let me know.
Thanks in advance.Smiley Happy

Greets
Daniel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,251 Views)
Attached is some cobbled together code that I came up with off the top of my head.  I am sure there is a way to optimize it, just dont ahve time at the moment.

Basically, you add all of your values to a 2D array and then index out each column and average them.  You add each of the vaalues in the 2 d array by row and then index from row 0-10 for each different reading.

The example is in 8.2.1
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,238 Views)

Initialize a shift register with a size 10 array, then rotate and insert a new value at each iteration so you always have the 10 last values in it. You can do e.g. a standard deviation of the array contents and consider it stabilized when the stdev drops below a certain threshold.

You can keep track of all thermocouples at once by using a 2D array in a similar fashion.

See how far you get. 🙂

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-04-2007 09:19 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,239 Views)

Here's a quick example (8.0). See if it makes sense (If you us the stdev, you don't need to rotate, just replace the oldest set.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,230 Views)

This forum with its quick responding and its help is unbelievableSmiley Very Happy.  Thanks to you who helped me. The problem is solved!

I will surely come back to you in future.

Thanks again and keep up!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,205 Views)