LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic cycle with digital outputs

Hello,

I want to make a programt that can set the digital outputs from my DAQ-Card ( a USB-6211 from National Instraument) for a certain time.

I also want to put this in a cycle, that repeats a number of times. 

I have simulated this program with LED's, these LED's suppose the digital outputs.

But when I replace the LEDs with the digital output's, the program runs but the digital outputs are not set.

How the programs look like, canyou  see in the picture.

Does anyone know a solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,329 Views)

Hi Jesse,

you should only use one DAQAssistent to set your digital outputs!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,294 Views)

I strongly urge you to stop using DAQ Assistant, and learn how easy it is to use DAQmx directly.  Start by reading some of NI's White Papers on DAQmx, particularly this one -- http://www.ni.com/white-paper/2835/en/.

A key element to doing device I/O in LabVIEW is learning how your device works, and MAX (the Measurement & Automation Explorer) that is installed when you install LabVIEW's Device Drivers will show you how to use your hardware.  Start MAX and plug in 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,256 Views)

I strongly urge you to stop using DAQ Assistant, and learn how easy it is to use DAQmx directly.  Start by reading some of NI's White Papers on DAQmx, particularly this one -- http://www.ni.com/white-paper/2835/en/.

A key element to doing device I/O in LabVIEW is learning how your device works, and MAX (the Measurement & Automation Explorer) that is installed when you install LabVIEW's Device Drivers will show you how to use your hardware.  Start MAX and plug in [Oops -- I hit "Post" by mistake -- I wasn't done, more is coming] your USB-6211.  You should see it appear in MAX under Devices and Interfaces.  Click your Device.  The panel on the right should have some tabs that will let you test your device.  Notice what you do -- you may set channels, sampling rates, etc., and then hit a Start Button (and later a Stop Button).  You'll be duplicating much the same thing with DAQmx functions.  Note that if you have set up Continuous operation, you hit Start once and then things loop until you hit Stop.  This should give you a clue about where to put the Start and Stop DAQmx functions (namely before and after the While loop that contains the DAQmx Read or Write function).

Read the White Papers -- they are excellent.  Search for "DAQmx White Paper".

BS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,251 Views)