LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block diagram redraw issues

Does anybody else have redrawing issues on the block diagram? I have noticed 2 problems ocurring:

The resize blobs sometimes disappear and i have to close and reopen the VI to solve the problem. I am not sure of the steps to replicate this behaviour as it has only happened a few times. although it seems to be during alt-tabbing. 

The second is what I can only decribe as 'messy dragging' where something is selected on the block diagram and dragged or ctrl+dragged to somewhere else. It leaves behind a ghost trail along its way and scrolling the window away and back fixes this.  Again, this doesn't happen very often, but often enough to be annoying.

Win XP SP2
Labview 8.5.1 - although I noticed the same problems in 8.5.0
Nvidia 8600 GT graphics card
Message 1 of 11
(2,975 Views)
I have encountered the first problem numerous times as well, but I have not encountered the second one. I'm using 8.2. Oddly, I haven't seen it happen lately, so I never was able to figure out what the problem was.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,964 Views)

I have seen that happen in every version of LabVIEW going back to LabIVEW 4.1!

It is alway fixed by getting Windows to redraw the window (hide show diagram).

Graphic issues of this sort are usually due to the acceleration settings of the dispaly driver.

If you happen to find a way to reproduce the error on demand, please pass it along to NI support. But until then, two "crtl-e"s usually fixes the image.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 11
(2,959 Views)
[Edited for readability - it's been a long day :-p]

Another one I've noticed is when you drag something out of or into a structure and the thick line appears to show where the scope of the item will be. The scope border stays after moving the mouse focus. I can seem to get this one to occur most often when I move the datatype out of an array consant, although it is not the only time I have seen this happen.

Goto BD
Place an array constant
Place a datatype in the array
Move the Datatype out of the array

It occurs in both structures and outside border of the BD window

Message Edited by yenknip on 06-20-2008 04:57 PM
(2,855 Views)

Please post an image of this.

I tried what you wrote but its fine on my machine.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,839 Views)

Labview 8.5.1
XP SP3
up to date graphics card drivers

Message Edited by yenknip on 06-20-2008 05:29 PM
I have also seen this happen on occasion. I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to plod along.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,825 Views)
I've seen that too.  I ignore it and simply scroll up / down, left / right and it dissappears.

It doesn't do it with this LV8.5..

RayR
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,819 Views)

I see the same on my machine running under LV 8.5.

I'll flag an AE to verify and log as a bug.

Thanks Ed!

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,810 Views)
Regarding the lost resizing handles, you can get them back by undoing, so what I usually do is move something and then undo.

(2,762 Views)