LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build error 1357

I trying to build an autotest system into executable file. But everytime I started to build the file, it always say the following:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1357 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi -> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: A LabVIEW file from that path already exists in memory, or exists within a project library already in memory.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,965 Views)

Seeing the code that generated this error would help, as would knowing the version of LabVIEW (and any toolkits) you are using.  I'll admit the error message, by itself, doesn't provide much help, but you already know that.

Does the code that you are trying to build into an executable run OK?  Is this just a problem of building?  Have you tried trimming down the code to something that is "so simple it couldn't fail" and seeing if that builds?

In any case, we pretty much need to see (and try for ourselves) what you are doing ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,902 Views)

I've already tried checking all the VIs involved on the issue, run it and perfectly works. It's like the error is only on the build process. 

On your suggestion on posting the VI, well it seems that I cannot do that. I'm working on an electronics company and the VIs that I'm working on is quite restricted on sharing to others. 

If you have any other suggestions that I can do please let me know. If none, maybe we'll stick on using the VI on testing, not the exec

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,874 Views)

I'm assuming your program is structured as a top-level VI and lots of sub-VIs.  Try simplifying your top-level VI, leaving out lots of things (like file I/O) -- even though it won't do what you need it to do, see if it builds without the error.  If you can get it down to "It builds, but when I add back in the Fribble VI, I get Error 1357", you have a clue where to look.  If it turns out that the Fribble VI doesn't have proprietary information, and you still need help, you can post some code ...

Another possibility is to get in touch with NI Support ("Call an Engineer") -- they may have further suggestions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,866 Views)
How long after the start of the build does the message appear? What version of LabVIEW are you using? Did this build ever work?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,857 Views)