LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9014 crash exception 0x00000700

Hello,

I am having a rather frustrating time trying to diagnose a repeated crash on my cRIO 9014 controller.  I have a big control system, centered at the RIO, which is talking to some C-series modules, several "intelligent" boxes over GPIB via the GPIB-RS232 converter, and an OPC server through the shared variable engine bound to an OPC client on my computer.  It will work without complaints for usually anywhere from 2 - 10 minutes and then crash with no explanation.  After the second crash I get the status LED blinking 4 times and the controller must be rebooted before I can try to re-connect.   I've monitored the cpu and memory up until the crash point with no issues.

I've tried disabling random parts of the block diagram to no avail, unless I remove all of the functional elements completely.  I really have no idea what to even try next, so I very much hope someone out there has a guess.  I've attached a representative error log - they all look pretty similar, with the same exception code 0x700 and some function in niserial.out, though the function is not always the same.  I've also attached the master vi.  It will of course be broken without all of the sub-vis, but hopefully it is enough to get the gist of what is going on.  I can send the entire project if necessary, but it is huge so I leave it off for now.

Thanks in advance, 

~Ben Loer

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,960 Views)

Hi Ben,

The crash you are seeing will require you to narrow down the specidific system that is causing the crash. The crash log does not point to one specific component. Can you provide the niserial.out error log?

I think you should first eliminate the communication to the c-series module, then the communication with the OPC server.

Also can you provide the versions of LabVIEW, RIO driver, and OPC Server?

thanks

FLash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,944 Views)

Hi Flash,

Thanks for your reply.

The crash you are seeing will require you to narrow down the specidific system that is causing the crash. The crash log does not point to one specific component. Can you provide the niserial.out error log?

How do I get this log?

I think you should first eliminate the communication to the c-series module, then the communication with the OPC server.

I've tried removing these components from the primary loop using a diagram disable structure, but the crash doesn't go away unless I remove all of the functional parts at once.  A new behavior I just discovered today is that the crash also goes away if I remove the separate loop which logs the data.  Is there some issue with having two timed loops in parallel?

Also can you provide the versions of LabVIEW, RIO driver, and OPC Server?

LabVIEW, FPGA, and RT modules are all 2009 (9.0.0.

RIO 3.2.0 with scan engine support

The OPC Server is a CAEN HV OPC Server for a SY1527LC power supply. It says it is version 3.0, but I'm not sure how to check the version of the OPC Server protocol itself.

Thanks,

~Ben

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,923 Views)