LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Unable to Undeploy and return system to a good state

I am having numerous problems with my new hardware, consisting of a cRIO-9082 and a 9144 ethercat slave.  I had everything working well at one point.

Right now, I am just trying to get back to a good point by programming a simple vi on just the 9082 without the 9144 connected.  However, I am unable to undeploy the the 9144.  At the same time, nothing will work because "at least one deployed object is no longer connected to the system".  If I try to undeploy the 9144 from the "Compare Project and System" menu, then I get "LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x80DF0002) A file I/O error occurred."

Please Help.  Thanks.

Dustin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,072 Views)

Hi Dustin,

If this is ok with you, you can come back to a starting point by formatting your cRIO device:

How Do I Format My Real-Time Target and Reinstall the Software?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6B1343F61905203386257051006573CA

Regards,

AGJ

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,014 Views)

Thanks.  I've thought of that, but I would expect that there is probably just a config file with a bad setting or something.  Also, this happened in the coarse of normal operation, and I don't want to have to re-format every time this happens, but I will try it if I have to!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,988 Views)

We'd be able to help you more if you gave us a better picture of what happened.

If it just happened during the normal course, nothing should have changed.  Why would you be changing programming?  Instead of helping find the problem, you've added complexity to the problem.  If there was a reason to modify the programming, what changed that made you think so?  This certainly isn't a situation where it's the normal course.

What config file did you change?  If you didn't change any, why would you believe the setting is changed from a state that worked to the current state?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,978 Views)

Hi Dustin,

Have you tried removing the Ethercat Master from your project and then redetecting it?

This should clear the system versus project difference.

Of course this doesn't answer the question of why the system went from working to not working.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,967 Views)

The ethercat master is actually not in the project, but it is still in the "system", as can be seen from the "Project and System Comparison" dialog.  If I try to remove it (by selecting "undeploy" and "apply"), I get the exact same error mentioned in the original post.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,959 Views)

I am using labview to program the cRIO-9082, and am using the labview project manager to manage all the devices.  That is what I meant by the normal course.  I am changing the programming because that's part of the development process.  I am developing my application, and in the course of developing that application I chose to remove the 9144 from my system while I get things working on the 9082.  It really doesn't matter what my reasons for doing that are, as the cRIO is a configurable system, and is designed to accomodate changes in the configuration. 

That's all I did, and the result is what we are discussing here.  I have not changed any configuration files myself, but clearly labview does change files, and so I am making a guess that something got changed in an undesirable way.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,953 Views)

I am having the same problem actually.

When I undeploy my 9144 from the Project/Chassis compare tool, I end up with a file I/O error. I've also plugged the EtherCAT back in, deployed and undeployed and it still spits out that error.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,741 Views)

delete_double post

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,738 Views)

your deployment content somehow got corrupted. You need to go to the fconfig folder on your RT target, delete all files within that folder and reboot your controller.

Then go to project and deploy again. Note: if you delete all files you need to configure the ecat master and all slaves in project again befor deploying.

ftp://IP/ni-rt/config/

-DirkW-

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,732 Views)