LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Unable to Undeploy and return system to a good state

I'm on a 9067 which is a linux chassis.

You don't happen to know where the config file sits on the 9067, do you?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,605 Views)

I was having the same issue; Caused by a mismatch between the actual system and my project.  Actually, I intentionally left the Chassis and EtherCAT device out of my project because my application is designed to be flexible and programmatically detect the hardware modules and connect to I/O variables.  

When I try to run from the dev environment, it ALWAYS pops-up the Conflict Resolution dialog, stating:

At least one deployed item is no longer in the project.

You can use the "Project & System Comparison" dialog box to view the missing items. Cancel this operation and right-click the target item in the Project Explorer window and select Utilities >> "Compare Project & System" from the shortcut menu to launch the "Project & System Comparison" dialog box.

The default 'conflict resolution' that is selected on the dropdown box is 'Undeploy all missing items'.  If I leave it like this and click 'Apply', deployment will fail as you describe.  If I switch the option to 'Do not undeploy the missing items', then deployment succeeds without error!

If you're attempting to do a similar thing - expecting project/system mismatch - I hope this solution works for you too.  I don't expect this solution to work (nor do I recommend it) if you require your project to match your system deployment.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,587 Views)

The method of removing the files works, here's the full path that was missing from the last post. 

\var\local\natinst\deployfwk\config

I deleted all the xml files in the location. They were recreated when a added the ECAT master and scanned the network in my labview project. I have my crio mapped in windows to get to these files.

Hope this helps someone.

Message 13 of 13
(34 Views)