LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO automatically stops after a few seconds.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I am using cRIO-9045 with DAQ-Assistant to acquire data in LabVIEW 2019 from the NI-9252 voltage input module from all the channels (a0-a7, total 8 channels) at a sampling rate of 25000 Hz. I found an interesting trouble during the data acquisition. My VI automatically stops during data logging after a few seconds (approx. 15 seconds, file size 13  MB). When I increase the sampling rate, it stops after 5 seconds, and the file size saves around 3 MB. When I decrease the sampling rate to 1000 Hz, It runs continuously, for at least 5 minutes.

My question is, is there any buffer size limit in cRIO that gets full and stops automatically? If yes, how to program the VI to get rid of this?

I am attaching VI and some files for your reference.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(358 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author suraj9735

Most likely error has occurred and your code does not have any error handling. 

I would recommend avoiding using DAQ Assistant. Use shipping examples instead. See Take Your First Measurement in LabVIEW Real-Time (Data Logging)

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 2 of 4
(328 Views)

I have one update on this problem but don't know the answer to this logic. I have changed the saving of files from .lvm to .tdms and it works fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(257 Views)

ZYong already gave you the answer long before you stated that you don't know the logic behind what happens.

You do no error handling and just hope that everything will always go well. However when logging your data to disk in series with reading it first from the DAQ device, you slow down the loop so much that the data buffer between your application and the device is filling up. Once it has filled up, the task goes into error and won't resume operation until you reset and restart it.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(249 Views)