LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't build in 2010f2

I am trying to create a build from 2010f2. The application builds fine. But the EXE file says I need the full version? I have the professional suite. Can anyone tell me what file is missing?

Thanks,

Phillip

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,501 Views)

This sounds like the dreaded "application seems to build fine, but when I run it it says that it's broken, and the full version of LabVIEW is needed to fix the problem." issue, which has been asked about many times in this forum. Is this the case? If so, it should have provided the name(s) of the VI(s) that were supposedly broken. Usually this is caused by a missing component. Although in one case I narrowed down the problem to a specific VI, though the development environment did not identify any problems with the VI. A force-compile of the VI didn't fix the problem. I recreated the VI from scratch and that fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,492 Views)

It is also possible that you have activated LabVIEW, but not the Application builder. Check out the NI License Manager and see if the Application Builder is activated.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,467 Views)

If the Application Builder had not been activated then how would he have managed to build the application? Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,456 Views)
I am trying to understand the relevance of 2010f2. Was that a project that built and ran fine before the f2 upgrade and you did not make any changes ... or is this a new project that just happens to be in 2919f2?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,444 Views)

I am re instaling the 2010 DS2 software. I hope this works. I was able to save the software in 8.6 and run it. The 8.6 block diagram did not show the vertival and horizontal sliders, So I can't edit the 8.6 file.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,422 Views)

Now I'm really confused. When you said you ran it in 8.6 does that mean you were able to run it in the development environment, or an application you built within 8.6? What do you mean by not being able to edit the VI because the vertical and horizontal sliders can't be seen? Are you in edit mode or run mode? The VI was probably set up to not display the sliders when running. This can be changed in the VI properties. What does this have to do with building the application?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,414 Views)