LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change x-axis start direction in waveform chart?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have waveform chart and I want graph some data using current system time as data base time.

The problem is that I want the initial value on the left of the graph and the graph grows to the right side.
Currently the graph grows towards the right side, but the graph begins at the right side instead of the left.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tengo una gráfica de tipo "waveform chart" y quiero graficar unos datos usando como base de tiempo la hora actual del sistema.
El problema es que quiero que el valor inicial esté a la izquierda de la gráfica y vaya creciendo hacia el lado derecho.
Actualmente crece hacia el lado derecho, pero la gráfica se inicia en el lado derecho en lugar de en el lado izquierdo.

Gracias.

Waveform_Chart_Question.PNG

Diego.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
«Al bien hacer jamás le falta premio.» or «Doing good never lacks reward”»
Cervantes.

(Give Kudos to Good Answers, Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved)
(Da Kudos a Buenas Respuestas, Marca como Solucion si tu problema está Resuelto)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,134 Views)

Try setting the Xscale range minimum property node to 0

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,132 Views)

Thanks for your quick answer Strokes...I tried your suggestion but didn't work.

Diego.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cervantes.

(Da Kudos a Buenas Respuestas, Marca como Solucion si tu problema está Resuelto)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,128 Views)

@diegoperezdediego wrote:

Thanks for your quick answer Strokes...I tried your suggestion but didn't work.

Right click on your chart and select properties. Go to the scales tab and tick the box that says autoscale for the time axis (x-axis)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,124 Views)

Hi,

I don't want autoescale the chart, I would always see a fixed time window (eg 5 minutes)

Simply the chart start at t = t0 and the next point  t1 = t0 +1 sec, and t2 = t1 +1 sec ... but always showing, for example, 5 minutes.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola

No quiero que se autoescale, me gustaría ver siempre una ventana de tiempo fija (por ejemplo: 5 minutos)
Simplemente que se inicie en t=t0 y que el siguiente punto sea t1=t0+1seg, y t2=t1+1seg... pero que muestre siempre, por ejemplo, 5 minutos

Gracias.

Diego.

Cervantes.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,116 Views)

Increase the chart buffer length so... right click and the chart and you should see this option..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,107 Views)
Hi
Convert output of gate date and time to DBL connect it to xscale minimum. if you want 5 minutes window then add 300 to output of dbl conversion and connect addition to x scale maximum. you will have desired op
this logic should be kept outside while loop.
If you want to change it at runtime then you can build similar logic inside while loop.
Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,104 Views)

Hi diego,

Try changing your strip chart to scope chart.

Chart properties>> Appearance>>Update mode>>Scope chart

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,102 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author diegoperezdediego

Hi guys,

Thanks for your ideas...

After working a little bit with it ... starting execution on "Scope" mode and switching to "Strip" mode before the end of the fix window x-axis time functions as intended. Now, program works just as I needed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola chicos,

Gracias por vuestras ideas...

Despues de trabajar un poco con ello...iniciando la ejecución en modo "scope" y cambiando a modo "strip" antes de finalizar el periodo de tiempo de la ventana del eje x. Ahora el programa funciona justo como necesitaba.

Diego.

Cervantes.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,089 Views)