LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compilation doesn't show up

Solved!
Go to solution

Anyone know why under the Project Exploder>Build Specifications>New>...compilation doesn't show up??

I downloaded the 2011 compiler, have the FPGA Module installed ( I think..under MAX >Software>Labview 2009>FPGA 9.0.0) ,LV2009 (32 bit).

When I right click the Build Specifications in Project I get "Source Distribution"  see attached.

Why 2 Build Specs folders??

Thxs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,693 Views)

Pressing the Run Button for your FPGA VI will automatically initiate the compilation.

Norbert 

EDIT: You DO have the FPGA 2009 module? The 2011 module will only work with LV 2011..... 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,691 Views)

Can I tell from MAX if I have the 2009 FPGA Mod??  How ??  This PC came to me preloaded.

Thxs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,684 Views)

Expand the bullet "Software" in your system. All installed software components from NI should list there.

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,681 Views)

Under Labview 2009 it just says "FPGA".  In the description box it say Version 9.0.0...Description FPGA.

The thing that bothers me is all the other bulleted item software that are Modules say they are modules.

ie.."Labview Mobile MODULE"  etc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,676 Views)

Well, obviously, you can create/use an FPGA target in your LabVIEW development environment, so everything seems fine.

Have you already compiled a VI for FPGA now?

Norbert 

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,657 Views)

No, thats another discussion thread.  Apparently, ( I called an AE) there isn't "compulation" in 2009.  Its 2010.  You just hit the run button on your FPGA VI and it creates and downloads the bit file for you. 

So is this manual wrong???See last bullet.  I don't have that option. 

"Labview 2009 FPGA Help Manual>Compiling downloading and running FPGA vi

Compiling an FPGA VI

To compile an FPGA VI, you must select Execute VI on FPGA Target on the Debugging page of the FPGA Target Properties dialog box. You cannot compile an FPGA VI when you run the VI on a development computer.

You can compile FPGA VIs in the following ways:

• Click the Run button on the front panel or block diagram to compile the FPGA VI. If the FPGA target you use supports Interactive Front Panel Communication, LabVIEW automatically runs the FPGA VI on the FPGA target after compiling the VI or without compiling if the VI and the project have not changed since you last compiled the VI.
  • Click <Ctrl> and the Runbutton in an FPGA VI to compile the VI without running it on the FPGA target.
  • Right-click an FPGA in the Project Explorer window and select Compile from the shortcut menu.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,651 Views)

No, the documentation isn't wrong.

You already have a 7853R configured in your project and you are developing the FPGA code for this target. So, the documentation simply does not apply for your use case 😉

The use case for the documentation refers to the capability of LV to "emulate" a FPGA target. If you do this, the FPGA VIs are not compiled when you run them because the emulation does not work with "real" FPGA bitfiles....

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
Message 8 of 9
(2,647 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author clint100

Thanks for the help...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,644 Views)