LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

concantenating

I have an array of strings out of a for loop and I am using array to spreadsheet vi and then I am usign concatenating strings vi to make it display like this :"12345 6789 7890"

but my problem is I am get a vertical like this

How can I make it horizontal?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,107 Views)

wire Ture to transpose? on write to spreadsheet

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,106 Views)

@agyna wrote:

I have an array of strings out of a for loop and I am using array to spreadsheet vi and then I am usign concatenating strings vi to make it display like this :"12345 6789 7890" How can I make it horizontal?

Please attach some code, because you don't give enough detail to troubleshoot. Where are the string array elements coming from? Why are they strings instead of numeric datatypes?

What do you use as delimiter for "array to spreadsheet"?  Do the string array elements possibly already contain an invisibe linefeed at the end, for example? Switch the display to \-codes to see.

To eliminate these, you could use "trim whitespace" from the strings palette.

After "array to spreadsheet", you have a single string, so "concatenate strings" would make no difference. Please explain what you are doing.

If you simply want to concatenate a 1D array of strings, use "concatenate strings" directly on the array. No need for the other operation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,101 Views)

Try this:

array to string.png

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 4 of 4
(2,080 Views)