LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create 3d graph

I am currently working on an application which consists of measuring the thickness of a piece of plywood that is travelling along a conveyor. As the plywood travels along the convey, an array of 5 lasers roughly 10 inches apart measure the top surface every 0.01 seconds. There is also a second set of 5 lasers on the underside of the plywood opposite the upper lasers. They too are measuring the surface of the underside. I am able to create a surface profile of the underside, the topside and if I subtract the reading I get the material thicknes. Now the customer would like to see this information dusplayed as a 3D graph. Any ideas how this is possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,316 Views)

Assuming you are know the width and the height of the sample at the give time, you can construct a 3D object,

with growing depth, as the time increases. There is a 3D surface plot at labview, it can be done there.

Michael.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
LV 8.2 at Windows & Linux

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,297 Views)

If your OS is Windows x86 platform, you can use 3D surface plot.If not, we have new 3D controls since LabVIEW8.6 that supports OSes including Windows x86/x64, Linux and Mac OS. Check it out at Control palette->Modern->Graph.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,278 Views)