cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

differential equation

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Sir

I'm beginner in labview and I would like to solve the following two differential equations and plot them over time:

dx1/dt= (G-K*x1(t))/V(t)

dV(t)/dt = (1/((1-(((G-x1*(K-U))/(G-x0*(K-U)))^((U/(K-U)))))-1))*U

G=7.8

U=0.166

x0=132

Vo=432

K=2.02

Could anyone please help me and send the block diagram for these two equations.

The graphs of both variables must be decreased over time. The graph of X1 is exponential decay.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,500 Views)

A good place to start might be here:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/lvanlsconcepts/solving_odes/

- or - 

Go to the Mathematics pallette then theDifferential Eqns sub-pallette and see if what you need is there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,452 Views)

Could you please draw the block diagram for it because I'm a beginner in labview?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,446 Views)

While many people here will post an example of a screenshot of code, they will hardly ever write your entire application for you, especially if that is what you are looking for.

The forums are here for assistance, to get people over hurdles. When that hurdle is just being new to LabVIEW, we will reccomend tutorials and training.

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
Message 4 of 7
(3,442 Views)

I'm now reading and learning the basics of labview. but if you have any simple example using the ODE solver becase all the build in examples are very complex and I can't understand it.

I just need any helping examples about writing differential equation using ODE solver function?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,434 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dr_Azar

Hello Ahmad,

I made a simple example and put it on our community page.  This example uses our ODE solver VIs.  LabVIEW comes with 8 built in ODE solvers.  These are all linear system solvers.  It appears that your equations are not linear. I would suggest using LaPlace transforms to solve the equations.

Example Code

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,404 Views)

Thanks very much for your help and your interest. I will try to make it.

Ahmad

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,389 Views)