LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop down list output to dbl?

hi,

I am looking to create a drop down list in Labview, where the user can choose a number of different  options, each option selected should be able to update the values of two numeric controls, which are on the front panel. Is this possible? I realise that i will require a .txt file, but apart from that no idea, any ideas?

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,270 Views)

You can use a menu ring and select the representation to double.  This will allow you to map a set of strings to double values.  this list can be programatically updated if you wish through property nodes.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 2 of 8
(3,255 Views)

i searched the help, no sign of a manu ring... where can i find info or an example of such? do i need to have the values stored in a txt file?

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,233 Views)

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 02-26-2010 11:24 AM
Download All
Message 4 of 8
(3,231 Views)

Cheers, but i dont think that will satisify my requirements, maybe you will know....

I have a number of cameras setup, and i have two stepper motors, each motor requires a number from the front panel to tell it how far to travel in x and y, but each number is differnet for each camera. I am looking to select the name of the camera from the drop down list, and for the position control requirements to be filled with the corresponding values? any ideas,

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,215 Views)

Use an enum or menu ring on the front panel for the camera type selection. Then use an event structure to respond to that control's Value Change event. Based on the value you can populate the other two controls any way you need to based on the actual type that you use. If the position controls are rings then you can use the Strings[] property to update the allowed values.

Search around, as this question comes up dozens of times and examples have been posted. There are also examples that ship with LabVIEW on using event structures as well as property nodes. 

Message 6 of 8
(3,211 Views)
i set up a menu ring, and using a direct comparison, i was using the true / false signal to execute a case structure. The menu ring appears to be increasing in numeric terms every time the Vi is run. Is there any wy to have what ever variable is selectedd in the drop down menu to correspond directly to the same number each time??
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,195 Views)

Sounds like you're remembering the ring between loops and adding to it. Can you post some code or picture of what you've done?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,192 Views)