LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -201003 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Temperature-Thermocouple).vi:4

I get this error when using the NI USB-TC01 LabVIEW Temperature Logger and a J type thermocouple.

So I tried creating my own VI, the daq assistant gives me a correct reading but only for 1 sample. If I try to change to continous or N samples it will then give me this error:

Error -200077 occurred at DAQ
Assistant

Possible Reason(s):

Requested value
is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid
because it conflicts with another property.

Property:
SampTimingType
Requested Value: Sample Clock
You Can Select:
On Demand

What Is the problem?? I need to get a continous reading that I can use through a VI to get an excel file with  the data. I also need it to be continous so I can manipulate the sampling rate.

By the way I also tried using the device on other computers and it still gives the same problem.

Julian Sanchez

Mechanical Engineering Student - University of Central Florida

Research Intern | CASER

C. 407.744.4174 | E. julians2009@knights.ucf.edu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,145 Views)

The device doesn't have an internatl clock, so you can't collect multiple signals at a time.  You need to use the 1 sample (on demand) setting.  You need to put that in a loop if you want to repeatedly sample the temperature.  Use a wait statement in the loop with whatever delay you want to get software timing of your data acquisition.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,141 Views)

Thank you for your reply,

I am new to LabVIEW and I am not sure how to do what you explained. The DAQ assistant has a "number of samples" when you drag the bottom; is that where I need to create the loop??

What is the maximum # of samples per second that I can get with this device?? That is my ultimate goal with this experiment, to be able to get the most readings per second.

Julian Sanchez

Mechanical Engineering Student - University of Central Florida

Research Intern | CASER

C. 407.744.4174 | E. julians2009@knights.ucf.edu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,124 Views)

You put a while loop around the DAQ Assistant. But since you said you don't know how to do what I said, I suggest looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,115 Views)