LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 38 executable

Hi,

I created a build and it runs successfully on my laptop. When I copy the build folder onto another computer, it is unable to execute and gives an out of memory error. This is caused by error code 38 (description: could not uncompress my ReadFiles3.4 subvi). I am wondering whether anyone else has experienced this error with the subvi (when the build finishes loading, the subvi is missing)? Using the same build and running it on my laptop will work without any errors. 

There was another post for error 38 and it suggested adding a temp directory path explicitly in the .ini file. I tried this to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,391 Views)

Have you tried moving that VI to the Always Include section when setting up the build?

Is the VI part of your file hierarchy, or is it in your user.lib or vi.lib directory?

Do you have any weird settings for destinations in your build spec?

Do you have administrator privileges?

Can you share the code and project, to see if we have the same issue?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,383 Views)

Yes, I had already tried to move it to the already include section. It didn't work unfortunately. 

I had experimented with various combination of builds, including:

reverting to another version of Readfiles -- it can run on laptop but not on the new computer.

In terms of hierarchy, yes it is indeed in the files hierarchy so all those things checks out. The vi can run on the laptop so it's fully functional, just that when moved to a new computer it has problems. 

I have admin priviledges but I've found that sometimes on C:\ drive I have to manually open folders prior to accessing them in order to remove the administrator warning.  Well, I don't even know where to look to so called fully activate admin priveliges. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,358 Views)

Hi,

I was able to run the exact same files on another computer with admin priveledges, so I think that may be the issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,353 Views)

@KarenM wrote:

Hi,

I was able to run the exact same files on another computer with admin priveledges, so I think that may be the issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

When you say "run the exact same files", do you mean the installer, or the executable? Are you just right-clicking and selecting Run as Administrator?

I feel like all I'm doing is asking questions and you're finding the answer without my feedback Smiley LOL

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,342 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

To clarify, the files that I had tested was the executable file, which I had tested on a desktop. It had been able to run, so only the laptop has problems with the software run.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,334 Views)

And you ran the executable on the laptop with Run As Administrator?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,330 Views)

Hi,

Yes I had tried to do so and it does give me that error.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,323 Views)

Are you able to share your source code, project and all?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,316 Views)