LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error using write mesaurment file express

This is a continuation from an old post...

Lets begin with the original problem:

I used to have LV8.5 and vista and never had these problems; now I am using LV2009 and win7

When using the write measurment file express vi I used to get error 1 + NI-488.

original.png

I took care of error NI 488 by unistalling the 488 drivers.

Error 1 still persist, but wiring an output error cluster helps so the VI doesn't stop/exit.

p2.png

And after playing with permission and stuff, I realize the following:

-If I click ENABLE it will stop but after if I click again to re-ENABLE it it will give the error (picture above) and it will say NO PATH.

-if I write a FILENAME while the error is showing and the ENABLE buttons is ENABLE, it will create the file and continue recording.

-I don't get this problem if I used .tdm or .tdms

what make me think that thies express vi can not write/create n its own unless is forced by giving it a new name.

So, nay ideas of what is going on here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,886 Views)

known issue 179472

The Write to Measurement File Express VI cannot be set to "Save to series of files"

Workaround: Convert the Express VI to a standard subVI by selecting 'Open Front Panel' using the right-click menu for the Write to Measurement File Express VI. In the generated SubVI, set the 'new_file' input/control to be True.

Reported Version: 2009 32-bit    Resolved Version: N/A    Added: 07/31/2009
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,885 Views)

Hi, 

Thank for the help, but I now get this error message:

Untitled 1.vi:1->test.vi
<APPEND>
<Not A Path>

By the way, I am now using the option "Save to series of files", I am using "Use next available file name; I don't know if this makes a difference.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,861 Views)

Hi Roddy,

Instead of changing the New File input to True, change the "multi_file" input to true.  Does that work? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,854 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,851 Views)
solved?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,810 Views)

I actually the problem by my own. After, I tried everything that I was suggested, I just did the most simple things that I could think off.

My solution: I just copied the express output folder from a labview LV8.5  to my LV200 and somehow it worked just like a charm...

If somebody else need the files, I am glad to send them...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,801 Views)

I have had a similar problem. Posted under "Labview 9.0: Error 1 occurred at Write To Measurement File"

I tried your trick of copying the express output folder from my labview 8.5.1 into labview 2009 and now the problem has vanished 🙂

However, is there a bug in 2009 then?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,576 Views)

It's bug in LabVIEW 2009. CAR# 192290.

A workaround is to use a case structure to switch between Enable or not.

Mavis

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,556 Views)

Well I know this is centuries old, but now I'm having the same problem. Would you mind sharing the Express VI from Labview 8.5? I'd appreciate it alot!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,276 Views)