cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel automation does not work and error code thrown is -41106

Following is the full message that has been thrown 

Error -41106 occurred at NI_Excel.lvclass:new report subVl.vi->

NI_report.lvclass: New Report.vi -> WSP_PROJECT.vi

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third- party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-41106) or for its hexadecimal representation (0xFFFF5F6E).

please help me in this regard

ckraj
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(128 Views)

Share the code that caused that error and someone'll likely be able to help.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(114 Views)

Most likely Excel (or its ActiveX component) is not correctly installed and registered.

Try to do a Repair Install of Excel in your Applications in your Control Panel.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(113 Views)

I recently had this problem on one of my PCs.  This particular Error Code arises when LabVIEW tries to establish communication with Excel while processing Create Report (I'm not sure why NI substitutes the "real" Error thrown by Excel, which would give the user a Clue that the problem was Excel, not LabVIEW, but there you have it).

I was running Office 16.  I did a reinstall, rebooted the PC, and all is well.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(60 Views)