LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting waveform to spreadsheet

i have managed to get the waveform y coordinate(amplitude in my case) to export to a textfile(i am using the export waveform to spreadsheet.vi but it throws an error trying to open in excel so I have it open in a notepad as a xlsx file, however textfile/notepad format works better for me for my situation, so no problem there). My problem is it exports the time of the computer, including the date, as the x coordinate/first column when i really need my x-coordinate/first column to be timestamps of the waveform. How can i configure this to replace the computer time with the timestamps of the data. Ive been looking through the forums and tinkering with the get waveform time array.vi but have had no luck. Appreciate the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(395 Views)

As a first step, attach a simplified version of your code. Words are too ambiguous to show what you are doing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(386 Views)

Did you read the Help (and "Detailed Help") of the "Export Waveform to Spreadsheet File" (you left the word "File" out of your Message header)?  I've never used this function, but it looks (to me) as though if you give it the Waveform, it will produce a LabVIEW "Spreadsheet File" (which is not an Excel Worksheet, but is related to the "Comma Separated Values" (.csv) file, where everything is in text, columns are separated by commas (although, by default, LabVIEW uses horizontal Tabs), and rows are separated by "Line Separators", by default <CR><LF>).

Try feeding this function the entire Waveform and see if it does exactly what I think you want.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(335 Views)