LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find all supporting VIs

Solved!
Go to solution

An existing LabVIEW project seems to have everything and the kitchen thrown in regardless whether the actual files in several subdirectories are necessary or not.

What is the best approach for starting fresh and creating a new project with just the relevant files?

I am thinking that adding the top-level VI to an empty project would be the best approach.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,812 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nyc_(is_out_of_here)

I've done this successfully by creating a Source Distribution from the project.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 5
(2,804 Views)

Ah totally forgot about Source Distrubition.

This is the error message I get when creating the Source Distribution.

===

LabVIEW cannot find a file that is a dependency of a Startup, Exported, or Always Included VI.

File Not Found: The file at 'C:\IonB\PRODUCTS\ION\IONB\Settings\INIT\IonB_DutInitalize.vi' was expected to have the qualified name 'IonSettings.lvlib:IonB_DutInitalize.vi', but has the qualified name 'IonB_DutInitalize.vi'.

The missing file might be referenced by one of the libraries included in the build or by the file - IonB_SystemTest.vi. To fix this issue:

- Open all Startup, Exported, or Always Included VIs, recompile them (CTRL+SHIFT Click the Run arrow) and save them to update their dependencies.
- Open all libraries included in the build and verify the existence and locations of referenced files. Also, try building with the additional exclusion option, "Remove unused members of project libraries", checked.

===

I don't understand about the missing file.

It is there in the directory. IonSettings.lvlib is there along with IonB_DutInitialize.vi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,792 Views)

Error description suggests that IonB_DutInitalize.vi does not belong to IonSettings.lvli - are you sure this exact VI is in the library? Have you tried removing it from library, saving everything, adding it again and saving again? Sounds much like "let's open the door and close them again" from old programmers joke, but usually it helps ;]

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,769 Views)

@PiDi wrote:

Error description suggests that IonB_DutInitalize.vi does not belong to IonSettings.lvli - are you sure this exact VI is in the library? Have you tried removing it from library, saving everything, adding it again and saving again? Sounds much like "let's open the door and close them again" from old programmers joke, but usually it helps ;]

I had to re-add the VI to the lvlib. There were several warnings and errors in the project file left by the original engineer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,736 Views)