cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixed width font in string control

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for your helpful attachment.

I will try to install Labview 2014 in my computer.

labmaster.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 39
(2,002 Views)

As I mentioned in his other thread, I think this might be related to other posts I've seen about font display vs language.  Remember the thread about annoying indicator blink?  I think they could be related.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 39
(1,981 Views)

Just out of curiosity?  With that font what is the differnce in the space (width

0 of a hyphen - and an M-dash (Atl+0151) —

Yup, Consolas isn't truely monospaced

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

the "N" and "M" dashes are clearly of seperate widths.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 39
(1,972 Views)

Jeff: A monospaced font can still be called monospaced if hyphen and dash are double each other because the dash is, almost by definition, a double hyphen. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dash

Other monospace fonts insist on every character being the same width. But there's a fundamental definitional problem when you have the term "monospace font" meeting up with characters whose widths are defined in terms of other characters. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 39
(1,948 Views)

Labmaster: Attached to this post is a VI with a control on the panel that uses Consolas. The VI is saved in LV 2013.

It displays correctly on my machine. Open it on your machine and see if it works. If it does, then it is a problem with how your string control is set up. If it doesn't, then there's a problem with your machine somehow -- LV uses system calls to do font rendering. I don't know anything about that layer of the software though, so I can't help beyond that.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 39
(1,945 Views)

Sorry, I have no LV2013 and thanks for your effort for me.

If you can covert it to version of 2012 or lower, I am happy to review it.

However, my problem isn't still resolved.

I guess this is related to my language windows irregardless of LabVIEW english version.

I am sorry to everyone except NI for posting my problem agressively a litle bit but this problem was reported in several years ago.

But nobody commented about this.

I felt I was grabbed in a fishing mesh again after my last bug report without any NI's compensation for the incompleteness.

labmaster.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 39
(1,919 Views)
You should be sorry to NI as well since you actually did get help from them and as far as I can see, you've never reported an actual bug.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 39
(1,898 Views)

Dennis: It's ok... I don't sign my posts the way the NI Application Engineers do, so not everyone notices the blue color on my user name, so they don't realize my NI connection.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 39
(1,881 Views)

The font size is missing on your panel while all characters all selected.

That usually means there are at least 2 differenct font sizes in your string.

Double check font size.

Untitled5.png

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 39
(1,862 Views)

This is for zou. Thanks for your interesting.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 39
(1,840 Views)