cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixed width font in string control

Solved!
Go to solution

Dennis_Knutson,

I have an experience in reporting bug on png file five years ago with different my information.

What are you intending and why are you mentioning about that?

Please use "never" carefully to other person politely not you.

Surely depressed from your, "Knight",  impolite reply.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 39
(1,571 Views)
Then it matches your impolite reply. You should at least link to your reported 'bug'.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 39
(1,547 Views)

Although a PNG image is a good idea to attach to let people see what you see, attachment of the actual VI would be at least as helpful. That way one could load it on a computer and see what might be different in your VI that causes this. Your VI could have all kinds of settings on that string that might or might not affect how the string is rendered. Without the actual VI to investigate, everyone has to guess indirectly what might be the problem here, such as George Zou's post about the missing font size in the string drop down box indicating different string sizes to be selected.

What is more easy? Attaching the actual VI you made to test this or creating an image with some screen capture application, store it somewhere and then attach that image?

As to people appearing to be impolite that is a tricky one. Your posts so far have been of some pretty accusing manner, mostly towards NI intentionally not fixing something you reported before. You may not have meant it that way, and despite you're obviously not being a native English writer, people will read what is written and not always second guess your intentions. Accusations in posts will almost always provoke some reactions from other people. You are on a LabVIEW forum here, with some pretty enthusiastic LabVIEW users. We all know that LabVIEW has its weak spots but we also know that it is usually more productive to report errors and look for workarounds than going to start lamenting about how bad LabVIEW is, which it isn't.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 39
(1,535 Views)
Knight Dennis_Knutson,

You have no right to ask me about verification because this is out of topic. Just focus on the topic.
What you can see is a part of real world. Depressed again for your response though I remember your contribution in this board.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 39
(1,525 Views)
rolfk, I agree with your opinion but in this case, the issue was related to graphics not code.

Thank you much for your invaluable comments.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 39
(1,517 Views)
You were the one that brought up your bug report as an excuse for not saying you are sorry to NI. My response was in answer to your being so impolite.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 39
(1,517 Views)
Dennis_Knutson, I dont agree with your opinion.
I will be back to you after bug confirmation on this posting.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 39
(1,500 Views)

>I am sorry to everyone except NI for posting my problem agressively a litle bit but this problem was reported in several years ago.

Though I don't want to discuss on out of topic, I had better finalize this topic.

As someone mentioned, LabVIEW and NI has contributed in measurement fields and I feel great thankness everytime.

However, NI is just one of many many "commercial" companies.

It is not natural to me that taking some time to find their mistake can not be excused by NI's big contribution.

I feel some uncomfortable to see some users to protect NI.

and I can't understand why above statement is trouble to someone.

I don't want to debate anymore and want to discuss LabVIEW's pros and cons.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 39
(1,473 Views)

Labmaster: Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas. There's nothing else I can do to help at this juncture. If you've already reported this as a CAR, then it'll make its way through our system and may get fixed someday. It's seems likely to be ranked as low priority, so I would not be surprised if it doesn't get fixed.

I was brainstroming ways to work around the bug... I didn't come up with anything useful. The one weird idea I had involved the 2D Picture Control. You could try rendering your text in a 2D Picture Control. I doubt that would be a good workaround for you, but I'm curious whether those two controls render the text the same way. They *should* but they might not for some reason. You might even try having Notepad render the text and then grab a screenshot to display in a 2D Picture Control.

Those are both bad ideas, but they are the best I've got. Sorry I can't help you more with this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 39
(1,438 Views)

Does this font shown correctly in Notepad ?

If it does, then you can use a .net textbox to display the string instead of a LabVIEW string control.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 39
(1,423 Views)