LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

functionality on the graph

Hi, Hello, I am developing data acquisition code on labview and I would like to add functionality, I display my data (2 parameters) on a single graph; I want to display the min, max and average of each parameter, I tried with propery node but it only displays the max and min of one of the data (the most important)? how can I fix this

and the second question, could I use code to change the scale of my graph so that, if necessary, I could have more detail on the graph?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(206 Views)

Hi amel,

@ameletudiante99 wrote:

I would like to add functionality, I display my data (2 parameters) on a single graph; I want to display the min, max and average of each parameter, I tried with propery node but it only displays the max and min of one of the data (the most important)? how can I fix this

By writing "working code according to the requirements".

@ameletudiante99 wrote:

could I use code to change the scale of my graph so that, if necessary, I could have more detail on the graph?

Yes.

General suggestion: when we should discuss problems in your code then you should attach this code…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(194 Views)

hi

Here is my code,

I don't understand what you mean by  By writing "working code according to the requirements".

can you please  point me in the right direction, I have no idea how to do this?this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(175 Views)

Hi amel,

when using recent LabVIEW versions you should downconvert your VI before attaching. (File->Save for previous)

Most say "for LV2021 or older", I prefer LV2019.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(163 Views)

You can have a routine to find the max, min and average of the data, then plot them together. but depends how your are ploting them, You can plot htem as waveform and as a chart .

Please save your code for labview 2020. 

RKO
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(139 Views)

You have two main choices:

1. Create additional waveforms with constant values and display them as additional plots
  2. Create horizontal cursors and place them at the min/max/mean, etc. for each plot.

Here's a subVI that would process one waveform to create the others for max,min,mean (case 1), call it for each.:

altenbach_0-1714229437129.png

And here's how you could set the cursors (make sure you define 6 cursors first)

altenbach_1-1714229836751.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(106 Views)

Many years ago I made an XControl that has over/under limit highlighting (it's one of my early XControls, so it's not so polished).  Maybe you can use that as a guide to build something.

paul_a_cardinale_1-1714240524369.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(91 Views)

@ameletudiante99 wrote:

and the second question, could I use code to change the scale of my graph so that, if necessary, I could have more detail on the graph?

thanks in advance

There are properties for auto-scale, min and max of the x and y axis and they can be modified via the relevant property nodes. Of course you should turn off autoscaling when setting defined min and max, else it is futile.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(85 Views)

Hi ;

hi, here is the code in the photo, I will no longer have access to my labview software until next week

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(43 Views)

Hi;

thanks I will try

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(42 Views)