LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with temperature control

hello again

I done some PID implement to the vi. some how, im not sure if it fits the description, any how can you take a look at it and see if im in the right track

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,079 Views)
nw,

It looks like you have implemented a simple PID algorithm although your code is not very readable.  I did not check the accuracy of your code, but it seems you are on the right track.  I am not sure what your DAQ questions are, but in general for single point DAQ you would open a reference to the DAQ task outside of your main loop, pass the reference into the loop and do a single point Read or Write, and close the reference at the end of your program.  There are many DAQmx shipping examples that show how to do simple DAQ tasks.
Doug M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
For those unfamiliar with NBC's The Office, my icon is NOT a picture of me 🙂
Message 12 of 16
(1,062 Views)
thanks buddy,

I done the setup for the Daq, how ever; well i'm not clear how to make the hard wares run. see im using a deep fryer pot which is 115 vac, a water pump at 12 vdc and a electric fan at 115 vac. isn't there like a code that will run in sequental order from turning on the deep fryer pot , then run the water pump and last turn on the electric fan,,, im using a water coolant heating sensor from a chevy truck as a heating sensor, that sensor used 12vdc.       is there some sore of sensor for this job.

once again thank you, really
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,026 Views)
I'm not sure how to connect your hardware -- that is really up to you to know how to do, but as far as doing things in a sequential order I would suggest using a state machine architecture.
Doug M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
For those unfamiliar with NBC's The Office, my icon is NOT a picture of me 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,009 Views)

Hi Guys

I tried to look at the PID demo but the version on the web is too  early. http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2382

How can I get a later version.

I'm running 8.6 Student eddition.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(685 Views)

Hi noneqwerty,

You can use Example Finder, under Help»Find Examples... to locate examples on PID in LabVIEW 8.6.

Stephen Meserve
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(644 Views)