LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I include all required dll files when building standalones and installers?

After building an installer for my labview application, I discovered several ni*.dll files were required but missing after deploying it ina target pc. Can you tell me how to find out what the required .dll files are when building an installer and how to include them?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,900 Views)
If your application uses some sort of NI hardware, in LabVIEW 8.x, when creating the installer you go to the additional installers category. There you pick the driver for the hardware you are using. For example, if you are using GPIB, you would select NI-488 and NI-VISA. If you would be more specific about which dlls were missing, someone here could tell you which driver you need to include.
Message 2 of 8
(2,897 Views)
My hardware uses daqpad 6020e DAQ and I have included max4.3 from the additional installers window. When I tried to run the application, there were so many .dll files missing. After many attempts of adding them one by one when being prompted with files missing, I manually added all ni*.dll files from the system32 directory of the development PC. There has to be a reliable and efficient way of knowing what dll files are required. I am running into a lot of problems trying to make an installer for my application. I have successfully built an installer in Labview 8 before. May be I was just lucky that time. I created this project AFTER my VI application was finished. I am not sure if that may be causing the problem. Also, although all the required sub vis are listed under the dependency tree of the project, the installed application fails with a message like ' front panel object for sub vi cannot be loaded'. This is becoming very frustrating. Any Help?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,864 Views)
You included MAX but did you also include the correct hardware driver? It requires either traditional DAQ or DAQmx. MAX is a configuration utility only. What DAQ functions are you using?
Message 4 of 8
(2,854 Views)
I am using 'AI sample channel.vi' and 'write to digital line.vi' and their subvis.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,835 Views)
Those are traditional DAQ functions so you would need to select Traditional NI-DAQ 7.4.4 (or whatever version) in the additional installers listing.
Message 6 of 8
(2,832 Views)
Well, well. First of all, I do not see  any Ni-DAQ entry listed in my additional installers list. Assuming I will manage to find and select the NiDAQ component, will that resolve the issue of all those missing .dll files and sub vis?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,827 Views)

You don't have this shown? If not, you can install traditional DAQ from the CD that came with the DAQ card, from the Device Drivers CD that came with LabVIEW, or download it from http://www.ni.com/support/. Once you have it installed, that should fix the problem of missing files.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 09-10-2007 01:51 PM

Message 8 of 8
(2,824 Views)