LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you configure two counters for a single task?

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know how to configure two counters for a single task. At first, I have put two start task for two counters and it did not work. Now, I have put Control Task to control the task of the other counter. Appreantly, all what it does is that it makes one counter work while other is stopped or not working. I have attached a picture of the VI below.

Prob2.JPG

Thanks.

Mechanical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,477 Views)

Hi Marwan,

I'm not sure of what you want to do with the two tasks, do you want to synchronize both counters with one trigger?

Miguel Fonseca

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,444 Views)

What do you mean by "...two counters for a single task?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,436 Views)

Hello,

Sorry for any confusion but what I meant is that I want both counters to gather data in the same time. When I put to "Start task" in the VI, it gives me an error saying that you must reserve one of them but when I do that, it makes one counter working but the other on-hold.

Hope this helps,

Please inform me if you need further explanation.

Thanks

Mechanical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,426 Views)

Hi,

I'd like to know which card (PCI-PXI-USB) are working with? If the lines for the counters are multiplexed, there is no way to acquire data at the same time.

I case the lines aren't multiplexed ten you can use this example to synchronize Two Counters using a Dummy AI and an Arm Start Trigger.

Regards,

Miguel Fonseca

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,416 Views)

Hello Mike,

We are currently using NI-cDAQ 9191 chassis with NI 9401 Digital I/O module that can use counters. I don't know if the lines for the counters are multiplexed or not. I have attached the VI for you to look at it.

Thank you for your effort.

Mechanical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,397 Views)