LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how the waveform graph indicator doesn't change its property ?

I have designed a printcontrol vi which I only want to print the plots in the waveform graph on the front panel.In order to acquire this effect, I use the property to set the plot area background colour to transparency. In the course of running,the property works,
I mean the waveform graph changes transparent.But I hope it will not change because it will not convient for the user.I don't know how to achieve this goal.Hope to get your help,thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,588 Views)
If you don't want a user to see the transparent background of the graph you can create a sub VI, pass the waveform graph to the sub VI and do any customisations (and printing) in that VI. As long as this VI doesn't show the front panel, the user will not notice what the code is doing.
Regards, Guenter
Message 2 of 3
(2,577 Views)
One of your problems is the fact that you reset the panel color only after the event has completed and since it generates the full report, this can take some time.

The problem will be much less noticeable if you reset the changed properties right after grabbing the image.

Attached is a quick draft. Modify as needed.
(Sorry, I don't have 7.1, so I downconverted from 8.0. There could be some conversion errors that should be easy to fix.)

You should also make sure to place the terminals of the latch action booleans INSIDE their corresponding event case, else it might not reset to false during execution of the event.
Message 3 of 3
(2,560 Views)