LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to combine multiple signals to one waveform plot in labview

hi everyone, im using labview 2011 and i need to take four different signals and plot them individual in one waveform chart and THEN i need to combine all four signals and plot the resultant in the SAME waveform chart as the four original ones. i have the four signals plotted but can not for the life of me figure out the resultant one. any ideas? thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(9,200 Views)

The word "combine" can have many meanings. Do you want to sum them, average them, concatenate them, or something else...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(9,199 Views)

Also, please show us your code. What is the data type (arrays, waveforms, dynamic, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(9,196 Views)

our instructions say "combine the signals and plot the resultant" so im not exactly sure. I would imagine he wants the average

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(9,194 Views)

they are dynamic. ive attached a screenshot of what i have.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(9,188 Views)

bump

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(9,143 Views)
Sounds like homework.

If you're not sure what combine means, I don't see how anyone here can know. You should realize that you can wire the signals to the basic arithmetic functions to do the add and then divide if it truly is the simple average you need.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(9,141 Views)

im pretty sure i just need to average 4 waveform signals and plot them. if i just try to use the addition function it gives me an error saying the waveforms have different values (duh).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(9,131 Views)
I think you mean different start times. I don't touch dynamic data with a ten foot pole but you can align the timestamps or convert the dynamic data to 1D dbl arrays.
Message 9 of 11
(9,117 Views)

that didnt help. ive figured out how to average the signals pretty easily, but i dont think either of the ways ive figured is what i need. im not even sure if what i need to do is possible. when i plot the 4 signals in the chart, everything is fine. when i plot "combined" signal alone in a chart its fine. but when i try to do all of it the chart gets all messed up. i know im asking a pretty general question with a difficult answer, so i understand if nobody can help. and i do appreciate your efforts, by the way. i just cant get this stuff to work correctly

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(9,111 Views)