LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to continue working on a already saved project?

i made asmall project on labview thad i saved, but i can t modify and develop the project, the connections and blocs are diseabled, do you have a recommendation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(1,039 Views)

Hi must,

@MUST23 wrote:

i made asmall project on labview thad i saved, but i can t modify and develop the project, the connections and blocs are diseabled, do you have a recommendation?

When it's a "small project" then I see two options:

1. attach the whole project so we can inspect your problem
  2. start that small project over from scratch - and use a SCC tool right from the beginning!
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(996 Views)

@MUST23 wrote:

What Connections and Blocs are they? Any ActiveX Connections? 

Sometimes when you access windows application and the version gets changed you may need to properly update and re-link to work without errors (Property and Invoke node gets disabled)

Also as stated by @GerdW share the Project since it is small as you said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(975 Views)

If you locked your vi, then from the menu bar go to

File

VI Properties (Ctrl + i)

From the drop down menu select "Protection"

Antoniooh_0-1682613405574.png

Select Unlocked (no password)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(929 Views)

for my saved project, i can open Front panel, but window of Block diagram is not open , i don't see it

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(913 Views)

i saved my project in a directory on my mac desktop, when I run it, the front panel opens but the other block diagram window is not found

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(911 Views)

I've never used LabVIEW for MAC, but if you open your vi and using Ctrl+e you don't see the block diagram then you saved the vi without it's block diagram and you wont be able to get it back.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(904 Views)

Before you do any more LabVIEW development, put in place a Version Control System (two that many LabVIEW developers use are GIT and Subversion), and always keep your LabVIEW development up-to-date on the VCS Repository.  Don't leave Home (or your WorkPlace) Without It!

Bob Schor

P.S. -- if, as it appears, you've "lost all of your Block Diagrams", then, one hopes, you remember enough of the code to begin to reconstruct the entire Project from scratch.  Try to adhere to the following schedule:

• Develop code for a short time (1-4 hours).
  • Test enough to be certain that the (slowly-growing number of) VIs that you have written actually work (this means "Testing", which might mean that you are also developing a series of Tests to ensure the code you have actually works.  Do this before doing any more coding.
  • Once the code "passes the test", commit it (I'm using "Subversion-speak" for "save it to the VCS system you are using").

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(883 Views)

@Antoniooh wrote:

I've never used LabVIEW for MAC, but if you open your vi and using Ctrl+e you don't see the block diagram then you saved the vi without it's block diagram and you wont be able to get it back.

There used to be a shortcut key combo to save without the BD (I don’t remember what it was).  One of my former cow-orkers would sometimes hit it by mistake when he meant to hit ctrl-S.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(868 Views)

@paul_a_cardinale wrote:

@Antoniooh wrote:

There used to be a shortcut key combo to save without the BD (I don’t remember what it was).  One of my former cow-orkers would sometimes hit it by mistake when he meant to hit ctrl-S.

@paul_a_cardinale wrote:

@Antoniooh wrote:

What a "useful" feature!  I sure hope the PC version of LabVIEW is missing this one ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(847 Views)