LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to control of internet my vi running in my computer

Hello people I make a project to control environment temperature by sensor lm35 and a PID control running in my computer. I work with a serial comunication (/VISA) between my PC and the sensor then i control the temperature with my vi (temperaturecontrol.vi), it works well,

And NOW i want to control the temperature of internet (like a scada) and first I think to have my own direction in internet  like this: www.nandotemperaturecontrol.com and in this site put my VI (temperaturecontrol.vi) but how can i direction this vi to my computer because the aplication is running in my computer in real time (i control the temperature by serial comunication).

And another posibility is use my computer like a server and the webpage ( www.nandotemperaturecontrol.com) pointing my ip computer direction.

Somebody help me or somebody made this aplication please help me, please if he solution is without anytoolkit it will be better.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,966 Views)
Running a VI via a web server is explained in the LabVIEW documentation. No additional toolkits are required. However, the computer where the application will be running requires the Run-Time Engine, which gets installed when you install LabVIEW. If this is going to be on another computer you can install the Run-Time Engine either from the LabVIEW CDs, or you can download it for free, or you can bundle it when you build the application.

The easiest solution is to have the web server and the computer running the LabVIEW application be the same machine. It sounds like you can do this based on your post. So, set up the computer running the LabVIEW app as a web server in order to accept HTTP requests, configure the LabVIEW application's web server (again, see the LabVIEW documentation for full details), and you should be set. If the web server and the computer running the LabVIEW application are two different machines then you obviously need a mechanism to talk back and forth.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,947 Views)
Thanks for all !!!yes you have reason for all, but please you can attach the information that you said because i search on the web but i didn´t found it , please if you couldn´t try to put the links, thanks for all!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,926 Views)
Read the on-line help. Look upt the Internet,publishing VIs and Internet, creating HTML documents topics. There are numerous other topics listed under the Web and Web Server listing.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,921 Views)
Hello!
I want to do this also. But in my case, I am utilizing a NI-DAQ, but I am working with lm35 too.
Did you find some documentation that the other friend said?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,912 Views)
Not friend after all i cotinue search the information on the www.ni.com page but if SMERCURIO_FC can help us about the information that he said (LabVIEW documentation for full details) or what documentacion he refers, please give me more steps or links please!!. Because i going to start becoming my computer into web-server and then i wait to have enough information to continue whit may project thanks for all.-
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,904 Views)
Read this carefully. I will explain step-by-step how to use the LabVIEW documentation.

1. Start LabVIEW.
2. On the menu bar, select Help>Search the LabVIEW Help.
3. Read the contents on the subjects I mentioned.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,898 Views)
thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,892 Views)
Hi NANDo666,

Did you get something with your web's application? I can run my vi in my computer and I can see in other computer through a brownser, but the two computer have to be in the same network. And I don't want this, becouse I would like to see through internet in wich local...
Send me something....

Sorry the english...
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,765 Views)