LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to design Space-Division multiple access scheme using Labview

hello everyone

kindly, can anyone tell me or refer me to a guide or a reference deals with SDMA (space division multiple access) scheme used in wireless communications systems but using LabVIEW to design and simulate this scheme.

Also, any information on how to design an Adaptive beam forming used in smart antennas technologies using Labview?

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,236 Views)

Hello LabVIEW Lover,

Could you describe your project a little further?  You mention that you would like to simulate SDMA.  Would you like to input data values, perform calculations according to SDMA theory, and then display the results on the screen?  Or would you like to use hardware to simulate a transmitter or receiver in an SDMA environment? 

SDMA is a channel-based Channel Access Method, which is intended for use on MIMO communication systems.  It is fairly new, and I would need more information about what you actually would like do, before finding a specifics.  However, there is material available for more traditional Channel Access Methods, such as CDMA, as well as other tools for MIMO simulation.

As a starting point, you can find information on the RF Developer's Network.

You will also require background information from the Signal Processing Resource Center.

Typically, when implementing underlying communication structures, you make use of the Advanced Signal Processing toolkit, Modulation Toolkit, as well as some Mathscript, when using equations and models from research papers.

Using the search in the forums, I have also found this link to a professor modelling MIMO communication.  Read through all of the information available, and reply back with more details about your specific application.

Regards,

George T.
Senior Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,184 Views)

as a start, let me say this: indeed, your answer (reply) was quite helpful, and am very very grateful for your in-details reply.

Dear sir, regarding the more infor u asked me to provide, as a matter of fact, am working now ( in my PhD project) on smart antennas design,specifically ( the digital signal processing part, on the smart antenna), and as i'm new to this technology and still doing my iterature review to collect more info about the specifications of smart antennas.i went through a tech. called (using SDMA scheme in Diversity combining to highly-improve smart antenna's performance and making it more resilient to fading and multi-path impairments).

So, basing on this concept, i found out that i must know how to design (of course, at the present time, software-based only not hardware) an SDMA so i can involve this feature to my DSP part as an add-on to my DSP part to further improve the desired signal capturing and unwanted-signal cancellation algorithms.

Dear sir, in short i need some one who can tell me how to start designing SDMA system using LabVIEW.

anything comes from u will be highly-appreciated

note: i do have modulation toolkit+advanced DSP toolkit+ adaptive filter design toolkit and LabVIEW 8.6

thanks a lot in advance

LabVIEW Lover

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,176 Views)

Hi LabVIEW Lover,

The important thing to note is that no matter how you approach the simulation of SDMA, you now know where to look for the tools to implement your application.

As you are doing your literature review now, you will be finding equations and models that describe this Access Method from the journals others have written.  You will need to identify what the inputs to those models will be, and your expected outputs.  These models will typically be a maths expression that you can put into a MathScript Node on your block diagram. 

However, your initial broad question has been answered, in terms of where to begin.  As I mentioned, you may want to see how other have implement a CDMA model, or similar.  You can also repost specific questions regarding your application architecture as you begin working.  Finally, in your research facility, there will be others that have used LabVIEW.  Perhaps looking at their code will help you visualize how you will implement your own.

Regards,

George T.
Senior Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,113 Views)