LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to edit the regsitry in labview mobile pda module

I have some years of experience in GPIB and VISA Labview development but i am currently trying the mobile module so i might ask some trivial questions for experienced people.

I want to edit a WINCE 5.0 registry on runtime. In labview for windows you have several posibilities:

->Registry specific VI -> not available for mobile module

->Launch an external application -> regedit -> not abailable for WINCE -> i can not find a shell that may have this functionality implemented

->call a dll...

WINCE regsitry functions are in coredll.dll, the problem is that i do not have this dll but something like coredl2.dll.

Nevertheless i have seen that this dll is almost the same as coredll.dll, so i tried to use the dll import wizard.

That gave me several problems, specially because many of the data type definitions in the library are not recognized by Labview.

for instance RegOpenKeyEx (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms891460.aspx ) would not wrap correctly after defining the winreg.h as header.

I tried to define some of the data types (as precompiler) while importing the dll as defined by microsoft. I succed to remove several errors but still the function is not wraped. 

I try to wrap it manually but when runing the simple VI the dll return an error number. I have tried to wrap it once and again with different labview data definitions with no better results.

Finally i have seen other posts in which the opensource library VOregistry.cpp is recomended. (http://www.voscorp.com/products/developer/winmobile/voregistry/index.htm) the only problem is that everything is in cpp source code and i have no idea of what to do with it, sorry, no software cpp developer. I should build a dll and try to wrap it? but have no idea on how to do it, and wraping the final dll's is not guarantied.

Regarding that mobile module is a quite expensive NI tool i would expect more support in this aspect, i do not think it might be very difficult for dll experienced  programmers to build a simple VI with basic functions to access the register. 

Anyhow, i am really stuck there, and i think the problem is the complex data-type used by the registry functions, i can not build my own dll since i have no c++ knowledge and i can not even use shared source c++ code since i do not know how to build the dll and i am not sure the dll import wrapp will work with it anyhow...

I am sure i am not the first one with this problem, so many solutions must be in place... 

Could anybody help please? it would be greatly appreciated!! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,548 Views)