LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate report of data which is in excel?

hii...

i am having my database in excel where i have stored complaints information of the particular department in an office.

Now i want to generate the report of the information stored in excel as per complaint,as per departmant,as per all departments and finally report of entire office...

how should i do using report generation toolkit?

is there any other way than report generation toolkit?

plzz tell me...

thanks.......

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,914 Views)
You can use a write to spreadsheet file. Can you post the input data and how you want that to look in excel?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,905 Views)

if you look through the examples that ship with labview, there are a couple of examples on how to use labview to obtain data from excel.

just search for excel.

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,901 Views)
For more information and some sample VI's and tool kits, you can go to the excel board

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 4 of 8
(3,897 Views)

Sounds like a pivot table would be appropriate.  You need a template document with the reports setup. Just select the entire area before the data is inserted and create the pivot table on another sheet (column headers must be present).  The pivot table will update as the data is entered and can be printed easily with the RGT.  Use separate sheets for other combinations.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,857 Views)

thanks for the reply....but i didnt get th option what exactly do u mean by pivot table...i have no idea regardin that....can u pls expalin it...where is that option????

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,760 Views)
Message 7 of 8
(3,756 Views)

Hi Joe

Could you help me in attached file, how I can  modify my program to have graph in my excel template, while I want to Y axis has scale(2,4,6,8) and X axis has scale(1,3,5,7)? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,217 Views)