LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a 2d intensity plot?

I'm trying to make an intensity plot as a function of x and y positions.... I have a scanning stage that gives me the positions and I am measuring the intensities at those locations... I have put this on a 3d plot and it comes out nice, however, I need it on an intensity plot with multiple colors.... when trying to do this, I get time on one axis... I was wondering how I could change the axis to x and y for the intensity plot... thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,692 Views)

Have you tried transposing the 2d array?

With a picture I would be ale to see what you are trying to do better.

Beaton

- there is always an easy way, but it is always the hardest to find
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,681 Views)
Hi there,

Are you referring to doing a projection of your 3D graph? There is a good shipping example, called 3D Surface Example - Fluctuating Sine Wave.vi which illustrates how to accomplish projection with a 3D graph.

Please post a picture or describe a little better what you're trying to do and we'll try to help you out!

Best regards,
-Sam F, DAQ Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,661 Views)
So, right now I'm using the 3d surface plot.  However, I wish it could look more like a 2d projection with different colors indicating the level of intensity such as:

http://www.capra.group.shef.ac.uk/3/Fig06ResistivityPlot.png

I was wondering how I can make this...  once again, the arguments I have are an x position and a y position that go through a raster scan via for loops, all while acquiring an intensity count at each x-y position.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,620 Views)
Have you tried a set up like this

but instead of random numbers you put in your 2d data
- there is always an easy way, but it is always the hardest to find
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,610 Views)