LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to reactivate product due to hardware change

LabVIEW 8.2.1 I just replaced my NIC card and now LabVIEW says I need to reactivate due to a hardware change. Problem is that when I try to reactivate it tells me that the serial number provided is for a Volume Licensing Agreement. We have four individual licenses, one of which is for this computer.

How am I supposed to reactivate if the serial number of the product given for this computer is refused because it says it is for a volume licensing agreement? I have called NI and was told to download the Volume Licensing Manager. This product is NOT run on a server, it is run locally on a desktop.

We originally purchased four licenses for 8.2. This was then upgraded by NI to version 8.2.1.via an auto update from NI. I have the four license numbers but, do not know which one was specifically installed on this computer. How am I to reactivate my product? Auto activation does not work.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,641 Views)
Speak to NI again
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,627 Views)
You could always try all of them and see which one works.

André
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,606 Views)
It sounds like you actually have an issue that can be solved by following the directions in the following KB.  Though you are going to need the license files to correspond to your version of LabVIEW the general directions are the same:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/02152BA054804098862571500058D744?OpenDocument

I will look into updating this documentation as the other evaluation license files can be found in our 'Drivers and Updates' pages:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/sn/n23:4.28/sb/navsRel/lang/en?q=evaluation&x=0&y=0

Have a great weekend!

-Bob
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,584 Views)

Hi all,

Thanks for the input. I have been in contact with several FAEs and AEs. I think I have finally got the problem resolved. I was directed to a KB with temporary license files which then allowed me to reactivate the software. I am still resolving some issues as far as the licensing goes but, all in all I am at least not running in the backup license mode 🙂 Thanks to everyone on the board and at NI who helped with this problem. I think I am going to look into registering the software to the HDD instead of the MAC address of the NIC. I do alot of hardware modifications to this box. It is used for proofing out and testing new hardware and I'd hate to have to go through this again just because of a NIC card change lol

Best regards to all,

John

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,580 Views)