LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop the VI confiugred as thread

I've configured  two VI as Thread, while running the thread i cant able to access the front pannel so that i cant able to stop my data acquisition application, so how to get the control over front panel while running the thread.
the thread is used for acquiring the data, and some sequence of function running correctly, but the problem is i cant able to stop the acquisition by event click. some body help me out!!
Thanks and Regards
Jagan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,347 Views)

Hi Jagan,

i think you can use a queue and read it in your loop. With the reference of the queue you can send commands from your front panel.
Hope this helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,344 Views)
Im not able to get you mike, one functionality of thread is to allow other activities isn't. then why im unable to access the front panel? while running thread, other sequence are running parallely. see im giving one status from thread to front panel through updating one global variable in thread. But it is not updating in front panel. after stoping the application by clicking the "stop" button in menu the app is stopping, again im running the app the status is indicated for the past updation.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,336 Views)

Hi Jagan,

can you upload your two vi´s?

Mike

Message 4 of 4
(2,329 Views)