Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use joystick to control motor

hi every body

i am working in joystick

i have task to control 2 motors by joystick

i should use DAQ and the DAQ connected to syren   

when i handle joystick forward the outbut from joystick sholud be 5 voltag to make the motor move forward

when i handle joystick backward the outbut from joystick sholud be 0 voltag to make the motor move backward

and if the output is 2.5 volt the motors should be stop

please help me in this task give me some ideas

thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,121 Views)
Well, you're right that you should use DAQ. What kind of DAQ hardware do you have? Have you taken a look at the shipping examples for DAQmx? There's lots of them, including how to generate voltages.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,105 Views)

i didn't get any thng related or useful for my task in the examples provider in labview

my DAQ is  this

daq.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,100 Views)

That's pretty weird looking hardware. Or did you not understand the question?

In any case, there are examples on how to read a joystick(Connectivity>Input Device Control palette) and DAQmx examples. You will have to combine them.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,084 Views)
Sorry. Clicked "Post" twice.
Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 12-31-2009 10:36 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,083 Views)

I did all what you said i read the joystick

my problem not this

my problem how to control motors

please i need help

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,053 Views)
You haven't explained what you've done, and you haven't told us what hardware you are using. The image you showed previously is not your DAQ. That's the DAQ Assistant. It's just an icon - it tells us nothing about what DAQ hardware you actually have. How can we help you if you don't tell us what you actually have? We are not mind readers, and we prefer not to play guessing games.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,046 Views)

Hi sara1986,

The others are correct, you'll need to do a combination of joystick input plus DAQ output. 

I went to the NI Code Exchange (http://www.ni.com/code) and did a search for "joystick daq".  The first link to that search (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5510) should be enough to get you started.  Of course, this example assumes you need analog output, but can modified for other DAQ tasks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,973 Views)