LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how we can using timer in LV2013 and how we can use chart ?

Hi.

1. I use a case structure in my program and I want it exceute when a triger comes only for 200 ms (or other integer ms) and then it wait for new triger.

how I can implement this in LV2013 ?

2. we can use chart for display data for 200 ms (or other integer value), how we can display data in 200 ms segments. i.e. data from 1s divided into 5 part with duration of 200ms and all of them (5 part) shows in the same chart ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,336 Views)
You didn't mention what your level of experience is with LabVIEW. What you want to do is not trivial, but not particularly hard either. Basically you use an event-driven structure and put your you want perform in the timeout event. All you have to do is toun the timeout on and off to start and stop your processing. I'll post a link in a little bit -- traveling right now.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 4
(2,325 Views)
my data comes from serial port. and I want check them if input data had been greater than my specified value then display them in chart for 200 ms (or other specified time). after this time data will not be displayed in chart until input data be greater than my specified value. so this procedure repeat again and again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,312 Views)

Serial IO is going to make 200-msec difficult since serial is inherently very sloppy in terms of timing. It would be better if you could characterize the acquisition in terms of the number fo samples to be read. That you can do very easily.

Ok, here is the link that I promised. This example doesn't show exactly what it is that you are trying to do, but it does demonstrate a technique for starting and stopping a process programatically.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,301 Views)