LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import excel file

Hi, 

I have a problem to import an excel file, my program just allows me to get an array of string , I would get an array of integer or double and another array of string , I put it joined the program recover from the site, how to change the side for a array of double or integer,

the program is attached

thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,463 Views)

@freezer951000 wrote:

Hi, 

I have a problem to import an excel file, my program just allows me to get an array of string , I would get an array of integer or double and another array of string , I put it joined the program recover from the site, how to change the side for a array of double or integer,

the program is attached

thank you in advance

If you want an array of double wire an array of double to the type input of the Variant To Data function.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,452 Views)

Can you develop a bit more or attached a vi example, because i m a beginner in lv

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,444 Views)

You specified "Array of string" for the type.  Change that for an empty array of double.  Of course, change the type of element 1 and element 2.

If you need more precision I will answer at your original french post:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Discussions-au-sujet-de-NI/importer-fichier-depuis-excel/td-p/3258832

VAriant type.png

Message 4 of 7
(3,433 Views)

Since your VI code is in LabVIEW 2014, you have access to the Report Generation Toolkit, which is very easy to use to read Excel data in whatever format it was written to Excel (integer, float, string, boolean, etc).  For reading, you don't (in general) need any ActiveX calls, but you should know how the Excel file is structured (how many rows for the header, what data are in what rows or columns, etc.).

If you post a sample Excel file, one of us might post some simple code to read the data into LabVIEW ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,407 Views)

ok, thanks Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,370 Views)

So have you solved your Excel reading problem?  In which case, help other Forum readers by posting your Solution.

Have you given up on it?  In which case, let other Forum readers know, so they, too, can abandon this post.

Are you going to attach an example Excel file and tell us how you'd like the data to appear in LabVIEW?  In which case, attach your file, already, so we can see if we can help you, and other Forum readers, by posting a Solution.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,303 Views)