LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import from spreadsheet to Citadel

Hello!

I have cRIO system connected to PC with Citadel database. I need to store the aquired data and to register the alarms. But the connection to RIO chassis may be lost for a long time (up to 7 days). I'm preliminarily writing data with timestamps to spreedsheet file. When the connection is re-established the file is downloaded to PC. DSC VI Write Trace write only traces, but alarms are not registered. Does exist another way to import data with timestamp from spreadsheet file to Citadel 5 than it is described in http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3485/en?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,387 Views)

Hi Valery_S,

From what I could dig up there does not seem to be a way to log alarms in the same way you log the data with the timestamps. You could add some logic to determine if there should be an alarm and use User Defined Alarms as you are writing your traces.

Patrick H | National Instruments | Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,357 Views)

Thank you, Haagen-Dazs.

I've already considered this possibility, but User Defined Alarm is set only once (new event - new User Defined Alarm) and cleared when LabVIEW shuts down. In my application it is required storage trace and all alarms during, for example, three years.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,338 Views)

Hi Valery_S,

Right now I am leaning towards this not being possible but I am going to do a little more research and reply early next week.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,316 Views)

Hi Valery_S,

Sorry for the delay in posting. You can use User Defined Alarms to log. The help file does say that alarms are cleared on LabVIEW close but this means that the alarms are acknowledged. They should still persist in your database.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,296 Views)