cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integral of waveform graph to calculate area under curve over time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello ,

Please find my attached VI and please help me for integration to get area undercut for my waveform graph.

I would like to find total  Energy output from my wind power  waveform graph oever one month period of time.

I believe i have to integrate to get area under curve and so i m now using integral tool in labview as attached. 

As I don't have expected ans for my result and so i want to make sure the tool that i m using is correct.

Please advise me which method of integration shall i use for my graph.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,806 Views)

I don't know about your calculations to get the Wattage.  But as far as integration, you really should supply a dt (sample rate) in order to get a proper energy measurement.  I would use your second integration method (the one with "Result" as the indicator) and give it the dt as well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,782 Views)

hello crossrulz,

I would like to integrate my power array over time ( power array is on every one min interval) and the whole graph is for one month . So , shall i put dt = 1? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,776 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pyae

pyae wrote:

I would like to integrate my power array over time ( power array is on every one min interval) and the whole graph is for one month . So , shall i put dt = 1? 

You put dt at whatever units you want in the final result. if you want Wh, you want dt to be in hours. if the spacing is currently one minute, you can express that in fractional hours and use the result as dt. Try dt=1/60.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,769 Views)

Hi altenbach ,

thanks for your advise and it's giving the estimated answer. 

regards

pyae

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,753 Views)