cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoked node corrupt: Error 1555

I see from:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lverror/activex_error_codes/

That Error 1555 is:

Property or invoke node is corrupt. To correct this error, delete the node and re-add it to the block diagram.

What causes this error?

I'm in the process of converting a Labview 7.1 application to Labview 2009 and it has hundreds of invoked nodes for ActiveX references.  I don't get this error on each invoked node, but the error doesn't occur until run-time.  Is there a way to search and find these errors without having to run the application and exercise each possible path and scenario through the software?

🙂  I find it humorous that the Spell Check in the Labview Forum doesn't include "Labview" in its dictionary

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,177 Views)

Hmmmmm, no replies even from NI?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,167 Views)

Unfortunately, there is no way of finding these corruptions ahead of time. However, if you have many similar invoke nodes, you could use the Find and Replace functionality on the block diagram to replace the invoke nodes.

Tanya Visser
National Instruments
LabVIEW Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,146 Views)

Any idea what cause the corruption?  Is it avoidable?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,136 Views)

Aquick check is to ensure the method required can be seleted from the invoke node

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,131 Views)

>Aquick check is to ensure the method required can be seleted from the invoke node

That's not been a problem.  The system runs as an EXE and in the development environment for Labview 7.1.

The process of bulk recompiling the VI's for Labview 2009 on the same PC appears to have caused the corruption.  I'm just wondering if any other action could have prevented it, but I guess I'll just go and manually correct the 150+ invoked node instances.....fastest way to a result.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,122 Views)

Hi PointOnePa,

We would like to be able to try to reproduce this problem in-house. Would you be able to post your VI in the LabVIEW 7.1 version?

Also, have you tried opening the VI in any intermediary version of LabVIEW? If so, were the invoke nodes corrupt in those cases?

To make sure I understand, you don't have a broken run arrow after upgrading the VI, correct? You only get the error after running?

Have you tried mass compiling your VI? Does this give you any errors?

Thanks!

Tanya Visser
National Instruments
LabVIEW Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,100 Views)

>We would like to be able to try to reproduce this problem in-house.

>Would you be able to post your VI in the LabVIEW 7.1 version?

I suppose, but it wouldn't be any good without posting the OCX for the driver....where does it end?

>Also, have you tried opening the VI in any intermediary version of LabVIEW?

No. I'm trying to minimize the amount of time that I spend on this, not increase it.

>To make sure I understand, you don't have a broken run arrow after upgrading the VI, correct?

>You only get the error after running?

Correct.

>Have you tried mass compiling your VI? Does this give you any errors?

That's how I did the initial conversion.  There were no errors.

Thanks for the offer of help, but the original post was a couple days ago and I'm already past this by running, finding the error, fixing,...running, finding the error, fixing.  It's a pain, but the quickest way.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,096 Views)