LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labVIEW code running control using Timer

I have a LabVIEW code which needs to be timer control in terms of code running. The code should work as follows?

1. Need a timer that resets every 60 seconds.

2. From 0-30 seconds, the code should write the value 0(zero) to Modbus register 9 of slave device address 5

3. from 31 - 60 seconds, the code will write the value 256 to same Modbus register 9 of slave device address 5.

4. The timer will reset to zero  and this loop continues for every 60 seconds.

Does anyone in the forum got an idea or a typical LabVIEW code that can perform the above function?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,385 Views)

Put what you want in the case structure.

snip.png

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,378 Views)

Can you please send me the VI?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,373 Views)

It is a snippet, if your have LabVIEW 2018 you should be able to download it and drag it to the block diagram and it will run. Note the code it meant to be in a loop.

What version do you have?

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,368 Views)

I have 2017 version

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,364 Views)

Loop Example in LabVIEW 2017 attached. You may have to play with the rounding to get it just the way you want it.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,357 Views)

Thanks. will try it out.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,352 Views)

I would just use the Elapsed Time VI in the Timing palette.  It can everything but the case structure for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 8 of 9
(2,335 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I would just use the Elapsed Time VI in the Timing palette.  It can everything but the case structure for you.

Never used it before, good catch.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,331 Views)