LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview installation in windows xp sp2

Hi guys!

I just myself an old tablet I have installed Windows XP (SP2) in it. I want to run exes that involve data acquisition on it.

I want to know which Runtime Engine version and which DAQmx version do I need to install for it to run smoothly.

The following question says that  LabVIEW 2012 Run-Time Engine will run on SP2:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/98FDF6F7CB81798B86257C19003983C4

But it doesn't run my exe. Do I need built my exe in an earlier version of labVIEW? If so then which one?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,444 Views)

What error are you getting when trying to run the exe?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,353 Views)

You are laving out important infomation, for example: What LabVIEW version was used to build the executable? What was the error message?

("Run smoothly" is probably the wrong term. Is ether runs or it doesn't :D)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,341 Views)

A sure-fire way to get your program to run (if that is possible!) on your XP machine is to install LabVIEW, bring the code over, try to run it from the LabVIEW environment, build it, then (if necessary) uninstall LabVIEW.  I do realize this might not be possible (licensing and other issues).  Another possibility is to build (on the existing machine where the code "lives") an executable with an Installer, which should include not only the Run Time engine you would need for your XP machine, but also the Drivers and other support files.  Note that if you only have versions of LabVIEW that don't support Windows XP, you are probably stuck.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,295 Views)