LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview installation

lorensbenaets_0-1644880018750.png

why can't i install or find or run labview, while it says it's installed in the package manager?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(1,269 Views)

The highlighted package?

That's not LabVIEW. That's the LabVIEW Runtime. Big difference. The runtime is only for running compiled executables created in LabVIEW and isn't something you can run on its own.

PackageManager.png

Unless you are trying to find NXG? That you do indeed appear to have installed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(1,256 Views)

As per NI Package manager, you've installed the LabVIEW runtime and not the development environment.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(1,241 Views)

lorensbenaets_0-1644917411362.png

but i have tried to install the general version (screenshot) for so many times already. I don't need NXG, but the general version of labview, where you can make programmes like below

lorensbenaets_1-1644917542455.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(1,211 Views)

but when i install labview 2021 through the package mangager, the package manager just closes down... so I think the problem has something to do with that. I also already tried to install/download labview from NI-website but this also doesnt work

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(1,208 Views)

i deinstalled everything from NI, and started again. 

but if try to install labview (and also if labview only), i get the error below

why can't it just work, stupid package manager just start installing things in all possible places on my pc, but working properly isn't its core function apperently

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(1,194 Views)

Okay, so that is a different issue. You do not have LabVIEW installed if the installation is failing.

NIPM just crashes silently? No error messages? (EDIT: You posted while I was typing... Does installation succeed if you deselect DAQmx? Not a solution if you need it, but it gets you one step closer. Also definitely clean out the product cache... And maybe make sure that folder structure in the error message exists.)

You can try checking so see if there is anything useful in the logs.

Otherwise, a few things I can think of to try are:

• Uninstall the runtime. (You can reinstall later, but take it out for now since I think the next idea might break it.)
  • Delete any files/folders in the installation location.
  • Clean out NIPM's product cache.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(1,191 Views)

Frequently corporate users do not have R/W/M access to the public folder!  Maybe you have to install as an admin.  Truth be told, I've never noticed an NI product want to install something in the public folders before.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(1,173 Views)

i had the log-file in the appendix from before, but however now the package manager just crashes immediately... 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(1,167 Views)

how do you install as an admin, or without using the package manager?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(1,164 Views)