LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview measure time

Hello,

For my eduecation I need to make a program.

The program is working, the only thing I need to get right is to measure the time a output is high and place the value in a array.

When I use a timer the program only get slow or won't run.

I haven't got an idea how to get it working.

Does anybody got an idea how to go from here?

Thanks,

Hans Sietsema

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,757 Views)

Open LabVIEW.  Go to the Timing Palette.  The function "Get Date/Time in Seconds" returns a TimeStamp that tells you the time "now" (i.e. when it is called).  If you call it at a later time, it will return the time "Later".  To find the time (in seconds) between "Now" and "Later", you can use a function found on the Numeric Palette (I'll let you think about what function is appropriate to get the time between "Later" and "Now").

Bob Schor

P.S. -- this function, like many timing functions, does not have an Error Line.  You need to think (using the ideas you learned about Data Flow) precisely when this function will be called in your code, and how you can force it to be called at a particular code point.

Message 2 of 5
(2,742 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Open LabVIEW.  Go to the Timing Palette.  The function "Get Date/Time in Seconds" returns a TimeStamp that tells you the time "now" (i.e. when it is called).  If you call it at a later time, it will return the time "Later".  To find the time (in seconds) between "Now" and "Later", you can use a function found on the Numeric Palette (I'll let you think about what function is appropriate to get the time between "Later" and "Now").

Bob Schor

P.S. -- this function, like many timing functions, does not have an Error Line.  You need to think (using the ideas you learned about Data Flow) precisely when this function will be called in your code, and how you can force it to be called at a particular code point.

perfect response (:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,702 Views)

Are you in the same class as sadiek?   It looks like you are working on the same project.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,697 Views)

Hello,

It is possible that Sadiek is working on the same project as me.

The assignment is for a education.

I have to say that the possiblities that I can find are limited to meassure the time.

I want to meassure the time a LED is on. If I use the loops as suggested the problem is that the input buttons won't work. Due to the loop that is executed.

Regards,

Hans Sietsema

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,663 Views)