LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview runtime pentium

As others have said, I have doubts that you can get NI to build LabVIEW specially for you. And arguing here on a public board will only make these chances even smaller, if they ever existed at all. AMD Geode is a nice SOC embedded processor but LabVIEW 2009 is not so much a nice embedded software environment.

A LabVIEW release with even just a single compiler setting changed is a major untertaking as many things need to be verified and validated after such a build before the software can be released to anyone outside the company. What new feature in 2009 is so important to you that you can not go back to 8.6 for these systems?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(386 Views)

Hello, Rolf!

<=8.6.0 does'not support WSN modules...

Now I'm downloading 8.6.1 which support WSN, waiting for activating, and I hope that 8.6.1 will work as 8.6.0 works.

I agree with You that it is not a good solution to create graphics on the server, running Apache on XP, etc... But this doesn't depend on me =(

My Director sad to create with labview because it is faster for developing, i'm not shure that is right. 

In my opinion much better is to install linux + php|perl & apache + little C-applications called by scripts and execute simple commands for devices, ssh control, but not using labview. And i386 60Mhz + 16mb of memory will be plentifully.

But one thing is below.

Customer (me for example) purchases labview, devices, other software etc; he develops application, spent a lot of time and money. Then he purchase an x86 computer and pays more than 600$. Then he wonder why LabView doesn't works on x86, tries amount of ways, setups different XP OSes, spent time, disturbs You and Vendors in his region, losts money, because the vendor don't receive the computer back without breakages. Of course, it is Customer's (my for example) leak of LabView software knowledge but if You(NI) can protect customer from this mistake, You'll be better.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(374 Views)

I'm pretty sure that by dropping the Pentium support they could squezze out a few % of performance somewhere. If that is the case NI has to weight your complaint about dropped Pentium support with the complaints of many other LabVIEW users who for one reason or the otherneed every promille of additional CPU performance that LabVIEW can gain. And I'm afraid that the dropped Pentium support simply looses here.

Of course there is also the chance that they simply moved to the latest Visual Studio C++ compiler and that that uses the new non-Pentium switch as default, and no evaluation has ever been done about this change.

Unfortunately it is very unlikely in either case that they may reconsider that change once 2009 was released with this setting.

Message Edited by rolfk on 03-22-2010 02:16 PM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(362 Views)

You are right, Rolf!

Thanks for reply...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(343 Views)