LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lb inches voltage conversion

HI

Im trying to send an analog output signal (0- 10v) but from the front panel the user entered data will be in the form lbinches (0-5000 lbinch)

so how do i actually write a formula for this,Suppose any value between 0 -5000 lbinch should corresponds to the voltage (0-10v)

The signal i'm sending is linear, Hardware NI PCIe-6353

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,331 Views)

Multiply the front panel value by 0.002

5000 * 0.002 = 10

Rhys

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,320 Views)

Hi Rhys,

Thanks a lot for your information.i think this works for me. actually my scenario is like this i need to send a output signal from labview program to the controller so in my controller i have set same thing like 0 -10 v corresponds to 0 - 5000lbinch. so now if i send this conversion it will be suffice right?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,297 Views)

Yes, as long as your controller is set up for the same scaling it should work.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,289 Views)

Thanks a lot Rhys

I'm also trying to acquire signal from the controller, my controlller inputs in the form of voltage (0-10v) which should corresponds to 0-5000 Lb-inch

i should display that in graph.In this before acquiring the user will enter the configuration as maximum limit that means 5000 lb inch , but after i read from Read VI i will get the scaled data from the read vi output , so now i wanted to write a formula that should use max value entered by the user and the scaled data from the read vi. to get the above requirement.

I'm attaching you the VI so that you can get better idea if my explanation is not clear.

In the second VI which i attached  the input for that vi is coming from Read VI (scaled data).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,239 Views)