cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link to internet

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a project in which I'll b collecting data from my database, store it into a spread sheet and update that spread sheet to internet every hour. My database will be a two-D array. Everytime I type the link in my browser the updated spread sheet must be there on internet. Anyone can help please?

With regards,

Raymond.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,800 Views)

Hi Ryamnod,

Which platform are you using to create your internet website for getting the updated values from the database? If you use ASP.net and link it to your database, it will do what you want to do. Also you may take a look at the NIs Web UI Builder. This also does the same thing using the NI Web Services.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome;))

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,798 Views)

Hi Nizz,

I'm using Labview 2009 and I'm trying to understand what you have said just now. But frankly, I'm quite new to labview especially relating with internet. What I would like to know is the simple method to post an .excel file to a web. So could you kindly please show me how to do it, maybe with some sample pictures?? I'll really appreciate your great kindness.

With regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,794 Views)

Hi Ryamnod,

I dont have a very good knowledge of this part. But I had worked on similar project sometime berfore. In that what I did was I collected values from an instrument using LabVIEW and strored it in an SQL database using LabSQL toolkit (Freely downloadable). Then I created an ASP.net web application which was linked to this SQL databse in the server. What this setup did was, Whenever labview reads and passes a newe value to the SQL Database, the same values is pulled from the Database by the ASP.net web application.

But I don't know how to pass this excel values into the Website. Probably there must be some easy methods to do this, which the LV masters in here may defenitely help you with.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome;)) 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,789 Views)

Hi Nitzz,

That'll work for me as well if I ain't wrong. What I want to do is, I just want to view my Database via a web, that's all. As I didn't know that I can access my database via a web, I thought i should create an excel file and post it on web. So in this case, as you are quite familiar with, could you please tell me some details what you did for your project that time?? I'm hoping to see your reply in details. Thanks a million Nitzz. 🙂

Raymond

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,787 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryamnod

Hi Ryamnod,

You may atfirst install the MySQL community server to your computer from here. Also download and install the SQL ODBC Connector from here.

I have herewith attached a copy of the free LabSQL toolkit. You can download it and save it on your computer. There are some examples in it which shows how to communicate with the database from labVIEW. Once you understand this part, you will be able to pass your data into an SQL database through LabVIEW. 

Then you can create an ASP.net web Application and link it to the SQL Database table with you have created. You will need VISUAL STUDIO installed in your computer for this purpose.

Or you can use NI WebUI Builder . In this at first you have to make a VI which sends the data to the SQL Database. Then another VI which can read data from this same databse. Then make this second VI a WebServer VI. Check this link to learn how to create web server vi. 

once you have done this open a blank vi in the Web UI Builder and import the webservice you have created and display its outputs using the indicators present in it. Go through the Basics of WebUI builder and working with it before starting all this. I'm sure uou will get a good idea in a few hours.

Once you start with all these and you get any doubts, feel free to post it in here.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Give kudos to Good Answers and Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved;)) 

Message 6 of 7
(2,780 Views)

Hi Nitzz,

I'm wondering if I can use Microsoft Access instead of SQL Server as that'll be more convenient for me. 😉

Raymond

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,769 Views)